Dates for 2017/2018
The end of the year tends to get busy, so without being too wordy, here is a brief reminder of yoga dates 2017/18. Stay tuned for an end of year wrap up post Christmas 🙂
All cards with credits remaining will transfer to 2018, unless they are older than 6 months.
- Sat 9 December 8:30am and 9:45am classes with Vanessa
- Sat 16 December – combined class at 9am followed by end of year snacks and tea. All welcome 🙂
- Mon 18 December – end of year coffee catch up at Banksia following the class. All welcome 🙂
- Thurs 21 Dec – last class of the year
- Classes resume Monday 8 January 2018
Casual beginners classes on Thursday @6pm and Saturday @9:45am continuing until the 21 December. You are welcome to use any outstanding classes on your card. The next 6 week beginner courses will run in the new year.
A Cultivating Emotional Balance Based Workshop
We all encounter periods of stress in our lives. Every time we are feeling stressed we are feeling an emotion. Given this fact, the most sustainable way to manage stress is to build emotional awareness and create wise choices for how we act emotionally.
This introductory workshop is designed to give you an overview of CEB and introduce some techniques to regulate emotions that lead to stress.
Through emotional regulation:
- We can identify and lessen the frequency and intensity of destructive emotions and limit the damage they cause by way of behavior, speech and thought.
- We can increase the frequency and intensity of constructive emotions and bring beneficial outcomes for ourselves and others.
- We can prevent, avoid, or prepare for strong emotional triggers.
These concepts and practices take some time to learn and integrate into daily life. This workshop is designed to introduce you to the basic concepts. Further workshops, courses and retreats in 2018 will combine CEB with yoga asana (see Facebook page for details as they are announced) and explore these techniques in a more in depth way.
Saturday 2 December 2017, 1-5pm
Victoria Park Community Centre – 248 Gloucester St, East Victoria Park (carpark entrance from Kent St)
Cost and bookings
$40 – includes afternoon tea. Bookings essential. Please contact us for payment and booking details.
Orange, pink, purple, turquoise, light blue, dark blue, black
A good yoga mat can greatly assist your yoga practice. These high quality, environmentally friendly yoga mats are made from natural rubber and offer excellent grip, traction, cushioning and resilience. It is my yoga mat of choice. I’ve had one for years and it gives me grounded firm support, whilst being soft enough for floor postures.
Email me your preferred colour and pick up date.
This course is for every body – those new to yoga and those that wish to continue to explore the foundations of the yoga practice. If you have had a break from yoga, this course will help to get you back into the routine of a regular practice.
Many students find they like the pace of the beginners class and choose to continue enrolling. The courses are rolling one after the other with varying focuses, so if you miss a class you will get a similar class the next time the class rolls around within the six weeks. These courses are structured to give you an overview of foundational yoga practice.
This course will focus on relaxation and strength building postures, pranayama techniques and meditations, to open your body, and bring clarity, alertness and calm to the mind.
- Learn the foundational postures of hatha yoga
- Instructions and adjustments (mostly verbal) are given to bring safe and correct alignment into the postures
- Basic breathing techniques and how to link those with the movements
- Explore foundational meditations
Venue – 64 Banksia Tce Kensington
Dates: Thursday 26 Oct Vanessa; 6-7pm & Saturday 28 Oct 9:45 to 10:45am – Jude – note class changes between 12 to 23 Oct. Click here for alternate dates/ times/ venues.
Cost: $102; $90 concession – this pass only valid for 6 week beginner course but can be used for Saturday and/ or Thursday beginners classes.
Casually $20 or a class pass (10 and 20 passes) welcome if space permits.
Bookings and conditions: For bookings contact us with your preferred day and time as shown above. We will confirm the dates with you and request payment to secure your place. By purchasing these classes you are subject to the terms and conditions found here.